Tuesday, October 23, 2012

From the Fashion Graveyard - Sleeveless Turtlenecks

I distinctly remember sleeveless turtlenecks being a big thing around the end of middle school and beginning of high school.  Looking back now, I wish I could punch me in the face for wearing them.  Though, in my defense, everyone was doing it.  Remember kids, that excuse is only valid for purposes of fashion and drug use.  THAT'S IT.

Anyway, these garments literally do not make sense.  You see the turtleneck and think, "Oh, wintertime, that'll keep you warm."  Then you notice that it has no sleeves.  It's like trying to divide by zero.  There is no answer, you cannot compute.  However, for some reason, it seemed like a fashionable choice at the time.  Best of both worlds!  Winter time around the neck, and summer on the arms!  We cray, ya'll!

I had them in 5-6 different colors.  Which further provides proof of the whole, when I like something, I really really like it.  There is no middle ground.

Since I refuse to provide you with a photo of me in middle school (trust me, you don't wanna see the braces and bushy eyebrows combo), instead, here's a photo of Jennifer Love Hewitt sporting one.  I figure the two go together, since they are both epic fails.  OH! And bonus!  She's sporting some ho-hoops.  We'll address that fashion trend in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment